03 July, 2021

An Emotional Attachment

 Emotional thinking is one where our emotions hold sway over our intellect. I don’t see this as a problem, particularly when we are aware that we are thinking emotionally in real-time. It is perhaps a little easier to notice when someone else is exhibiting behaviour based upon their emotions rather than their intellect. Here we have a choice, do we trigger them further or allow them the time to ‘see sense’ and start acting in a more civilised manner.

How many of us have ready access to this level of awareness of self and awareness of others? In my experience, I can easily put most people into whichever of the two mentioned mental states I choose. Do you know that about 15% of the population are completely unaware that they spend all their waking hours attempting to put others into an emotional state of thinking? Their motivation for this is simple, they have an innate need to assert control over others. What sort of people would do that? People who have no emotional empathy.

This means that 15% of people have no emotional empathy. That is horrifically high. Luckily almost all these 15% and almost all of the remaining 85% of the population have no idea. Unfortunately for me, I am aware. Therefore, at least to me, 15% of the population are not really human beings. Imagine being a child and ‘knowing’ that 15% of people are not human beings, they are inhuman. Well, as horrific as that thought is, it was far worse for me.

I thought that everyone was like me. I have no emotional empathy. None. Which is why I thought that we had rules and laws and police and courts and prisons. Basically, I believed that we had society because it was absolutely necessary.

I write these blogs from a reasonably rare point of view, I have self awareness of having no human empathy and have been aware of this from childhood. I know exactly what horrors I am capable of and thought that everyone on the planet was the same. Imagine being a child on a planet where everyone is inhuman. Welcome to my world. Imagine being an adult on a planet where everyone is inhuman. Welcome to my world.

The 15% who have no empathy are easy to spot and it is recommended that you avoid them. They are unaware of having no empathy and it is not possible to ‘explain’ their behaviour to them. I used the word ‘innate’ and this was appropriate. They cannot be changed and will never see why they need to change and will not accept that they are not human. Well, that they have no human empathy. It is me that has decided that those without human empathy are not human.

The 15% without human empathy seek control over others and I believe that this trait has led us to where we are now. The institutions that make up society are led by and infused with those without empathy. Society now lacks any human empathy. In my terms, Society has become inhuman. I can recognise societies inhumanity as clearly as I see my own inhumanity.

This is quite a conundrum. 15% of people are unaware of their own inhumanity / lack of empathy. Most are unaware that so many people have no empathy. Most people have many anecdotes about societies lack of empathy but have not really understood that society completely lacks empathy and is inhuman. No doubt, most people will quickly recite the same ‘explanation’. This in itself should be a concern to all.

I do not have any human empathy and I am fully aware of this. I like to think that I have developed my other senses to compensate. So, there you have it. In very basic terms, you have free will and hold deeply held beliefs that you would rather die than change. You will have deeply held beliefs about society and they will not change. What makes me different is that I have no empathy for myself. I can change a deeply held belief because I don’t have any empathy for myself. This is why I no longer believe that you are all the same as me. That you are all inhuman just because I am.

Now, if 85% of the population are actually human, then these 85% have no need of society. They will naturally form friendships and groups to take care of themselves, each other and their environment. Most of the 15% would go along with this and those that don’t will endure brutish and short lives. This is not anarchy, it is a human civilisation.

The society we have now is one that 15% of the population that aren’t human have corrupted for their own ends. Which is to gain control over others.

To enable you to understand this post more clearly, it is important for me to relate to you that I have no need, wish or desire to control anyone.

All members of society have an emotional attachment to society. Discuss. :-)





No comments: