03 October, 2020

Follow the Rules

Our Govts and experts have told us what we can and can’t do. We don’t need to think as they have performed this onerous task on our behalf.

There is a problem with govts and experts. Govts think the answer to every problem is more govt control and more public obedience. Experts think that their opinion is above and beyond your opinion.

There are higher order implications to both these incorrect assumptions. For govts, there is a need to maintain control especially when they have lost control. Govts must always maintain public obedience and increase it via force when our obedience tends to diminish.

H. L. Mencken - The whole aim of practical politics is to...

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.

Experts are a strange sort. They intensely dislike being shown to be wrong. Which is only matched by their desire to explain to you why they are right.

Now, the extremely knowledgable do not even like the word expert. We prefer to say that we have ‘some experience’ in this area. The answer to even simple questions is, truthfully, it’s complicated. It all boils down to opinion. Experts are liked by governments as they have answers. The truly knowledgeable have no such simple answers. Our immediate response is, ‘well, it depends’.

My area of experience is none of your business. I am knowledgable in many areas as I am one of natures natural researchers. Knowing nothing is preferable to being an expert, in terms of understanding something. For example, all the experts agreeing on something is a massive warning of a potential catastrophic error. Ten knowledgeable people will have ten different opinions, as should ten people who know nothing.

I am knowledgable on this current pandemic. The problem with govts and experts is that they are not knowledgable. Govts wish to maintain public obedience to them and experts want their consensus opinion to be unchallenged, especially by reality. The covid response was initially fantastic, at least here in the UK. It is now becoming more of a compliance test to govt authority and a major source of cognitive dissonance in attempting to believe the experts rather than your own common sense.

Herd immunity is said to be around 75%, so say the experts. The govt bases it’s responses and policy based on the experts consensus opinion. We all must comply or be fined. The media enjoy creating fear and drama. The problem with this expert consensus opinion is that they refuse to believe any research that points to herd immunity being achieved at around 25%. I am knowledgable, herd immunity in covid is currently looking like 20%. I am not stating that it is, the public information / reality currently suggests that herd immunity is more or less here – now.

I could list the research and ‘explain’ my opinion of the publicly available data. I cannot be bothered. This blog has the title – critical thought. I wish to encourage you to do your own critical thinking, not expect me to do it for you for free.

If you are worried about covid then read my book ‘90 days’ and think about the nonsense contained within it. One major currency unit and twenty minutes of your time will be required, as well as an amazon account.

If my current opinion on covid is correct then we are passed the worse and this winter will see a no worse than 2018 flu season. Covid becoming a natural component of our flu season.

If I am wrong, then reality will quickly let me know. Only experts have the required level of cognitive dissonance to ignore reality. Govt don’t really care about my opinion, they will just insist on my continued obedience and compliance to their own belief in their own authority.

Does any of this matter? I can only give you my opinion. I am enjoying working three weeks on and three weeks off. This is a good trade off for me against the other inconveniences imposed upon me by our govt. This nonsense will be destroying pension wealth and the value of our wages. I don’t mind. You might. Like I say, I am enjoying the time off.

Govt is always destroying pension wealth and the value of our wages. At least I am getting some time off.

The time off is a short term view. Longer term, my quality of life will be diminished as costs of the basics will rise. Well, my ability to save will diminish. I have an excess of currency. I don’t get paid a lot. I just don’t spend it all. My quality of life will not change. Yours might.

Property might crash by 30%. I might consider buying one.

Pension wealth might crash by 30%. I still won’t consider buying one.

Lots of things might happen. Same as it ever was.

That was my current knowledgable opinion. You may have your own. You may listen to the experts. Same as it ever was.

No comments: