30 March, 2019

The basics - part five - What's in it for you?

If out ranking an Angel is not one of your goals now that you know it is attainable, I am surprised.

Perhaps a lesser goal would be realising your own power and potential, know who and what you are, understanding the universe and that you are part of it.

If that is beyond your ability to believe then you could choose to simply make your life more enjoyable and rewarding. You can enjoy your work to a level that most only dream of. You can appreciate the people and both the natural and built world around you. You can live life to your own standards and improve the lives of those you hold dear and everyone else too.

Or, if that is beyond your ability to believe, you can remove annoyances from your life, neutralise frustration and get the most from any and all contacts you have with other people.

I can't see the point in trying to achieve less than that.

These are not the goals society wants you to aim for. These are not goals they want you to believe in. Society wants you to believe in authority, their authority. It wants you to believe in bank credits. It wants you to believe in society far more than you believe in yourself.

Now, the bricks and mortar of society can transform into a civilisation at the speed of thought. The two co-exist and only your perception changes.

Each person has an inner monkey and from that we get society. In society bank managers, economists and financial advisers know best. Government is necessary and protects your freedom. In a civilisation, you naturally critically think, decide for yourself and form groups with other people to meet mutually agreed and beneficial outcomes.

In society government has more power than one individual. In a civilisation, governments have less power than any one individual.

For example, my insurance provider wanted 1220 bank credits from me to insure a motor car. After many emails explaining why this was incorrect, I telephoned them. For one hour and fifteen minutes I engaged with the human part of each person I was bounced to and from. My monkey remained calm and asleep. I acted in such a way to help them keep their own monkeys managed. Now, this was easy for me as I have been practising doing this at work for a couple of years. Anyway, they returned 250 bank credits to me and reduced the 1220 number to 740. It would have been less but I increased my cover. Had I not had the ability to do this, I would have 730 less bank credits than I do have and would be angry and annoyed, with less insurance cover.

Tuesday we had a stock check. Normally I get angry enough with my colleagues to act in a manner sufficient to warrant instant dismissal. This year, zero stress, zero annoyance and zero threats, zero aggression. I am reluctant to admit just how poorly I have behaved during more than a dozen previous stock takes. How have I kept my job for so long?

Anyway, the thing to note is that other people enjoy being in human mode and dislike being in monkey mode. Once you start to modify your own behaviour, all those who interact with you will too. Give it a few months.

What is in it for you? All of the above, even if only you bother doing it.

If just 4% of us do it, we transform life on earth for everybody, not just ourselves.

At this point, I am not sure what else to write. My time would be better spent practicing 'being' rather than writing about 'being'.

You give the matters I have raised some serious thought. Or not. As always you have a choice.

Be seeing you

Although published to celebrate my 50th birthday, I wrote this on Saturday 14th of October 2017.

No comments: