30 December, 2016

Critical Thought in action No.4

I have had a good Christmas break, sharing time with good people, good books and giving some thought to what I consider to be a dying society that is doing far more harm than good and attempting to embrace the dawn of a new civilisation.

Society is full of rules. I now have a good understanding of these rules and how they tend to benefit a few at the expense of the many.

I have chosen to live in a civilisation, one which nourishes our humanity rather than crushing our souls.

Trying to achieve this transition is where I am currently expending some considerable effort. However, it is not as impossible task as it might appear.

I am now aware of societies financial frauds, lies and injustices. I can choose not to perceive myself as a victim of all this or choose to be a victim. Successfully choosing not to be a victim is the path to living in a civilisation.

You can all choose to be part of this society, I can live in a civilisation.

Perhaps a few examples can illustrate how.

I get paid in fiat currency. Potentially one of the greatest weapons a society can wield is not nuclear but financial.  This is not a problem. I can exchange these currency vouchers for useful things such as food and rent. Should I be so fortunate to have a surplus I can choose how to store that surplus.

So, I am no longer perceiving myself as a victim of financial fraud. I choose to earn pretend money, swap it for useful things and save any surplus however I choose too. Current society is dominant and coercive but I can choose not to be angry at it. It will inconvenience me, occasionally or perhaps often. This is not a reason to become angry or annoyed at society, people or individuals. A lack of critical thought has allowed society to develop how it has. Which is why I expend time and effort on this blog. I am doing as much as I choose to. How effective this is or isn't is not my problem. I am doing as much as I am prepared to do and no more.

Therefore, the big change comes from me. I choose to live in a civilisation, which means when someone inconveniences me I  can choose to react to them appropriately. In a civilisation, that would mean responding with calmness and understanding. Rather than with aggression and anger.

I am not a victim of their apparent carelessness, just a civilised human being accepting the inconvenience and generously giving the other person the time and space they need to accomplish their goal.

This serves two purposes in one encounter. I get to live in a civilisation, I don't have an adrenalin rush and display my anger or agitation. Which has no physical benefit for me whatsoever. I get to demonstrate to the other person how a civilised human being responds in such a situation. Thus generously allowing them to be a part of my civilisation, albeit possibly temporarily.

Thus, I immediately enter the civilisation I wish to be a part of by instantly creating it myself.

That is it. That is all I needed to do. I shall, as best I can, practice being a human being living in an actual civilisation for as long as I live.

Part of that requires me to allow others to live in their society, whether or not they are aware of their choice is their problem. As a civilised human being, or at least as a practicing human being living in a civilisation of my own creation, I will help others whenever they request it and if I choose to expend some of my time with them.

I am probably being perceived as being incredibly arrogant to those who live in society. To those living in a civilisation, they will be pleased to accept another.

I only hope, that in the new year, I am able to spend most of it bringing in the dawn of a new civilisation and not letting old habits of living in a society weigh too heavily upon me.

You all take care of yourselves and be kind to one another. Being aggressive may seem empowering at the moment that someone inconveniences you but true power is freely giving someone the time and space to do whatever it is they are doing. Whether or not they appreciate this at the time, later or never is of no consequence.

To those who are interested, I have been reading a Greg Baer book. Best £7.56 I have ever spent. (Thanks Mr Horseman for the recommendation.)

Practicing living in a civilisation is easier than I thought. Instead of getting angry at a woman in a queue, I helped her. Then I graciously noted the presence of another woman and let her have right of way. A man then quickly took advantage of the space. I merely smiled at him. I was amused that he felt the need to 'best' me. I didn't feel any anger, which amazed me. If he felt that he needed to 'push in' then what a pathetic life he must lead. No need for me to impact upon his life negatively and I chose not to impact upon it positively either. Zero guilt. Zero stress. I didn't even feel that I was inconvenienced, merely amused at him and especially pleased with my composure, which was peaceful, calm and if I may use the word without embarrassment, loving.

Have a great year, it will likely be an 'interesting' one, as will the next dozen.

No comments: