06 August, 2016

Enterprise vs Critical Thinker (part three)

I hired a car from Enterprise and it suffered a superficial change of condition of around $1,000 according to Enterprise, who took the sum out of my visa issued deposit.

I thought this sum to be outrageous and asked Enterprise for documentation, specifically an engineers report of the damage. They have yet to reply. I also contacted VISA who were surprisingly sympathetic.

Recently visa sent me an email, copied and pasted below

Thank you for your patience during our investigations regarding the transactions for £900 and £500 from Enterprise.

I am pleased to advise that our investigations are now complete and the credits of £900 and £500 applied to your June 2016 statements will remain on your account.

In the circumstances the refund from Enterprise of £764.09 showing on your July 2016 statement has been reversed and a debit adjustment for this amount will show on your next statement.

I trust that this clarifies this matter.

Yours sincerely

So, what next?

I could speculate but I don't want to give Enterprise any ideas.
I could explain where Enterprise need to streamline their back office systems. However, I am a systems analyst and design engineer so that would be billable work.

I could guess as to how VISA conducted their investigations. I am not going to do that either.

I shall simply say this. The law was not on my side. It was already on the side of the property owner. This should be sufficient to cause public unrest on a massive scale and utterly destroy our current legal system because justice is crucial and justice is completely absent.

VISA, almost certainly asked for an engineers report too. I guess they didn't receive one either. I never thought for a moment that VISA would be the champion of justice. So, I am not always right. I do enjoy surprises.

Enterprise is a huge multinational company with huge financial resources and access to the very highest levels of government. They will pay lobbyists vast sums of wealth to protect their own interests. For all their wealth and power, they are just a business. I am a human being. I am alive. My government has police, courts, laws, wealth and power, they are just a public bureaucracy. I am a human being. I am alive.

I understand that I am a critically thinking human being and as such I outrank both government and business. They are there to serve me. They are there to serve us.

We all know this to be true. When will we understand it?

We should all seriously consider which businesses we wish to encourage with our custom. Not simply look at the price.

We should all seriously consider how coercive and destructive our governments are. How lacking in justice our millions of laws are.

We should all critically think about our world because it is ours.

No comments: